The following items were taken from the July 21 through 27, 1912, Examiner.

The following items were taken from the July 21 through 27, 1912, Examiner.

Mayor Christian Ott said that he would rather go to St. Louis, buying a sleeping car ticket and traveling all night, than to take a ride to Kansas City and return over the electric line. Mayor Ott is certain to make all the efforts possible to improve the conditions of transportation between Independence and Kansas City and has already held a conference with the Metropolitan president.
–––
Gen. George C. Sibley, who was commander of old Fort Osage when most of Jackson County was Indian country, and for whom the town of Sibley was named, was one of the defendants name in a suit to quiet the title to a tract of land near that town, which was brought in the circuit court by Mrs. Mattie Hifner. She owns a farm of 140 acres, but this proceed affects the title to only 35 acres. It appears that when the town of Sibley was first established it was intended to be located on this land. Afterwards it was decided to locate it on the present site, but the records were never changed. General Sibley is the first of 57 defendants named, all of whom at one time or another owned the land.
–––
During the remainder of the summer the street lamp at West Short Street and Fuller Avenue will emit no light. This is by order of the city council. This proceeding was taken for the benefit of a lady, who is an invalid. R.J. Parker explained the invalid was his sister, who greatly enjoyed sitting on her front porch of evening, but that owing to her nervous condition, the glare of the street light falling directly on the porch was very annoying, and therefore very injurious to her.
–––
The Liberty Street Presbyterian Church will spend the month of August in vacation. This applies not only to the pastor, but to the members as well. No services of any kind will be held during the month, not even Sunday School or prayer meetings.